The world of today is flooded with opportunities to buy items.
Consumers are becoming increasingly keen to seek out products with a conscience, which align with their personal values and beliefs.
We have seen a rise in eco-friendly and fair-trade clothing, multiple new clean energy suppliers and now more and more UK charities are selling products online which help to support a wide range of causes.
Often items being sold by charities will mean a percentage of or all profits will go towards the important work, which charities carry out.
This is an important motivation for consumers to buy from charities over other avenues like big commercial companies and high street stores. As people want to feel they are making a positive contribution to the world.
There are a number of reasons why people may choose to buy a product from charities online stores including the following:
– Shopping with a charity helps to support key campaigns and charity goals.
– Products, which are branded and feature a charities logo, can help build awareness of a charity, which can in turn help reach new audiences.
– If the products, being offered by charities are unique (and related) to a charities goals, this can help to convince people to buy them over choosing unbranded or generic high street items.
– Items from charities are often a great idea for gifts, as the purchase will help support the work of the relevant charity and provide an unusual present will multiple benefits.
– Items being sold by charities provide people with a good alternative to monetary donations or regular giving.
– Buying sustainably produced items from a charity, supports ethical practices which buying from certain high street retailers does not.
Hopefully, this article has given some insights into the motivations for people to buy products from charitable organisations.
At Add10 we have worked with a number of UK charities, which have seen great results from eCommerce and selling online.
If you would like to learn more about how your organisation could utilise eCommerce or selling items online, feel free to get in touch.All of our projects are bespoke, so please get in touch with us if you would like to discuss how we could help your organisation